Sunday, June 10, 2007

We are Back

We are back!!!! My husband sure knows how to plan a vacation. It was truly the perfect vacation for us as a family. He has been wanting to take me to California for some while now. I love the Beach! Lance loves the mountains! The boys love the fast rides at the theme parks! So this was everything in one and we had such a great time. I fell in love with Southern California. It is breath taking with the beach and mountains and the great weather. I loved it!

We spent the first day cruisin LA. Then we stayed near Disney Land and spent the next two days at Disney Land. It opened at 8am. We were in line at 7:30am and didn't leave until 9:30pm each night. We were worn out by the end of the days, but we had a blast. When we first got there the first day at Disney, we started riding all of the big rides. The first ride was Space Mountain. Cruiser was just tall enough. My boys are so brave when it comes to rides. Especially Coaster. He rode the screaming roller coaster that went fast and upside down and loved it. He rode the Tower of Terror and loved it. This boy suprises me when it comes to rides. He is only seven! Lance and I looked at each other the first two hours and said "This is the best time for their ages to be here". Even though Coaster knows Mickey is not real and likes some older stuff, he still enjoyed it and got excited meeting the characters. Cruiser wanted to drive Mickey's car after walking through his house. ha! They both got chosen out of the audience on different days to go through the little jedi training. They have certificates saying they are jedis, so they feel really big. Cruiser was one of the youngest to go on stage and fight Darth. He was so funny! I could go on and on and I am forgetting so many things to tell you, but if I think of something, I will add it later. Oh I did get little girl fever while I was there seeing these little girls with their little princess dresses on. Then I reminded myself that my boys are easier for that kind of trip. They will go ride anything and not scared, so we were able to ride most everything together. A family of four worked well for us this vacation. It was nice! Boys also don't mind getting wet at anytime. They crack me up!

After DisneyLand, we had our beach day on Monday. We chose Coronado Beach because it was voted family's #1 Beach on the travel channel in 2006. It was gorgeous! It was a rare cool day and you know it had to be on our beach day, but that didn't stop our boys from having the best time. They went wild. Coaster was jumping the waves or something. Camden stopped and told me and Lance that he now had 3 names. They were "Jedi, Surfer Dude, and his real name". It was so cute. He is so hilarious! We went on an hour cruise of San Deigo that night. Um, I can't forget that we went to "in and out burger" while were there. It was awesome for those of you that have heard of it or have had it. Glad I got to experience that!

We went to Lego Land the next morning and rode a ton more rides. THat was a great place for our boys. They had rides that were different from Disney. So it gave them different ones. We then went to the Aquariam where they got to see some very cool fish. We played sharades with our boys that night in the hotel room. Again, Lance and I laughed so hard at those boys. These are such special moments we won't ever get back. I just want to bottle them up!

The last day was for The San Diego Zoo that was amazing. They took us on a bus tour where we rode on the top out in the open. Then we went on the sky line of the zoo. It was my favorite Zoo so far. After we had lunch we went to the Science Museum that had some pretty cool things. We also watch an IMAX movie there. Then we finished off the day with some mini put-put.

The next day we went to the Irivine Center which was the coolest shopping outside market. Then we got on our plane and headed to Hot Houston as Cruiser would say. We are so thankful for the time that we had together. I loved being able to make 7 days of new memories together as a family. We have been to Disney World when Coaster was 2. It was great, but I would choose Disney Land anyday if able because of the great weather( no humidity). I would definitly reccommend it!!!

Please forgive any mispellings, etc. I did this in a hurry and don't have much time to check it. Just writing down the vacation thoughts

2 comments:

crystal said...

Amanda! Hey, I went to your myspace page, and noticed you have a blog now too! i also have a blog! I LOVED reading about your family and I will defintely update Mark on the Reed family. I know he will be glad to hear how you guys are. I have a blog also and the site is cschinzler.blogspot.com
i don't always write a lot, but i am trying to get better also!
love,
crystal

dreamingBIGdreams said...

What fun! I too love CA and San Diego is the best! I hope to see you this week sometime!